CLIMATE EMERGENCY ACTION WILL REQUIRE:
- Our homes and businesses to be dramatically more energy-efficient, with carbon-free heating sources.
- 100% clean electricity grid energy and more renewable energy generation within the Holme Valley.
- Ending our reliance on fossil-fuelled personal cars, vans and goods vehicles, with more shared transport and fewer journeys.
- Healthier lifestyles based on locally grown food, less red meat, more walking & cycling and a sustainable local farming economy
- Significant planting of woodland, restoration of our peatlands, preservation of green spaces and the maintenance of biodiversity in our flora and fauna.
- Working together as community residents, businesses, community organisations and all levels of government to respond to the Climate Emergency.